The Facebook Marketplace was introduced in the year 2016 it was like a Facebook business place Just like eBay/Olx, Facebook has extended its business model to include an online marketplace feature that lets you discover, buy, and sell items to the people in your area and community. The platform is similar to eBay/Olx but with an added touch of ‘Social-ness’. You get to chat with the other party over Facebook messenger and also have access to their Facebook profile through which you can get information about them. It was a great initiative by Facebook to increase its useability through Marketplace.
As of December 2021, Facebook Marketplace is used in 70 countries by more than 800 million people around the world each month to discover, buy or sell them. It’s a great growth given the fact that the platform started just 3 years ago. Through the marketplace, Facebook is getting to its new heights by developing new ideas and making social media for business so people can easily interact with others and buy and sell things on the Internet in a simple manner.
How to Sign Up and Log in?
Facebook is a well known social media site and most people have their account on Facebook and if you have your account on Facebook automatically you can able to reach Facebook Marketplace by just swiping left 3 times on mobile and on desktop you just had to find this logo and just click on it to go to Marketplace.
If you do not have a Facebook Account, Firstly you have to Sign Up. You have to search Facebook on Search Engine then the first result you see the Facebook signup and login then just click on it and after that, you are on the login page of Facebook on that page you find an option of Create New Account just click on it you will get a new page and you have to fill some information like your name, gender, email address or mobile number and date of birth, password and then click on Signup through this you can create a Facebook account and get access to the Facebook marketplace.
Here is an example of a signup page
Access to the Marketplace
When the account is created then you can upload your profile picture and fill in something about you and make your profile and add some friends on Facebook. After that, you can click on the marketplace logo then you can able see the things that people are selling nearby you or, you can choose in which area you want to search item by location edit. If you want to buy anything then just click on that and you got an option to send a message to the seller.
In the marketplace, you can also sell your things by clicking on sell and filling in the information about your product like Title, price, category, condition, location, and description, and some more things then just click on the post and your ad is on the marketplace. Through this, you can buy and sell anything on the Facebook marketplace.
Example of selling page
- Click the Marketplace icon
- Enter an item title, description and price.
- Select Location
- Give Item Description its optional
- Then tap the ‘Create new listing’ button. Select the type of item, then take a photo of your item (you can select more than one from your gallery), and click the ‘Add Photos’ option to upload them.
- Then Post
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
THERE ARE CERTAIN FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS THAT A PERSON MUST KNOW BEFORE WORKING ON FACEBOOK MARKETPLACE.
HOW TO MAKE A SALE OF SOMETHING ON FACEBOOK MARKETPLACE?
When you sell something on the Marketplace, you create a public offering that anyone can see in the Marketplace and Newsfeed, Search, and other places on or outside of Facebook. To make a sale of the item follow the steps listed below:
- In the menu on the left of your news feed, click Marketplace.
- Click Create New Listing, and then click Items for Sale.
- If you want to add photos for your products, click on add upload images from your device.
- Enter the information about your item.
- Click here to hide your post from your Facebook friends. It’s always visible to others on Facebook.
- Click on Continue then make sure you have entered the required information.
- Click Publish to publish your marketplace information.
HOW TO MAKE A PURCHASE OF SOMETHING ON FACEBOOK MARKETPLACE?
- To buy something in the marketplace, you can send a message to the seller to arrange a sale:
- In your news feed, click Marketplace in the middle menu on the top.
- Make a search for the product you wish to purchase.
- You can send a message to the seller in two ways:
- Click Message to send the seller a personal message.
- Click Submit to receive a message saying “Are you available?” to send.
- To view the items you want to buy and your conversations with sellers, click your account, then click Your Offers.
- Be sure to review and follow all local laws and guidelines in force during this time.
- If you are going to meet someone in person, we recommend that you schedule your meeting in a well-lit public area or at a police station. Let some trusted people know the venue details.
TRICKS FOR MARKING YOUR PRODUCT AS SOLD ON FACEBOOK MARKETPLACE?
- You can mark an ad as sold when the sale is complete.
- After you’ve marked the listing as sold:
- It is not visible to anyone in the marketplace.
- Any buyer who sends you a message regarding the item will receive a message that the item has been sold.
- You will receive a message asking if you want to archive the conversation on the ad. Do it according to your wish.
HOW WILL I EDIT OR DELETE MY FACEBOOK MARKETPLACE LISTING?
For editing or deleting your marketplace listings you must follow the following steps :
- Click on Marketplace in your Facebook news feed.
- Click on your account.
- Click on your ads.
- In the list that you want to edit, click More.
- Click on the Edit List.
- Edit your item details, then click Update.
- In your Facebook news feed, click Marketplace in the top left.
- Click on your account.
- Click on your listings.
- In the list that you want to remove or delete, click More.
- Click Remove or Delete, and then click Delete again.
5. WHAT ITEMS CANNOT BE SOLD ON FACEBOOK?
- Not an actual item – anything that is not a physical item for sale.
- Services: The sale of services (e.g. house cleaning) is not permitted in the market.
- Description and photo do not match: Item photos must match the listing description and title.
- Selling animals: The sale of animals in the market or in buying and selling groups is not permitted. This includes sending animals for adoption.
- Health care: Health-related items (e.g. thermometers, first aid kits) are not allowed. Promotion pictures of your products displaying before and after usage are not permitted.
Facebook was made up as a Social sharing app, website. But Nowadays the digital world is coming so Facebook adds some Amazing and helpful Features. Facebook marketplace is another awesome idea, Millions are people liking this idea and the idea seems very helpful to everyone. All information has been given in this blog.