LG Smart TVs is one of the most popular TV brands that can connect you with a wide variety of media content with the help of the internet. With the LG TV, you will also get a remote that can control your TV to turn ON/OFF, change channels, adjust volume, change the input source and many more. But if in case, your remote is damaged or disappear, here are some ways that can help you to control your LG TV without the remote control. You can use these steps to use your LG TV without a remote.
The easiest way to use the LG TV without a remote control is to use physical buttons that are present in the LG TV. The power button, volume button and channel button are present below the LG logo of the TV.
You can simply press the power button on and your TV will turn on. This method can be used even when you have a remote control in your hand
Use LG ThinQ app to use LG TV:-
One of the best advantages of having a Smart TV is that you can control the entire functions of TV through your smartphones. To use LG TV without a remote to can use the LG ThinQ app to operate your TV. You can use it on Android as well as iPhone devices. Following are the simple steps to use the LG ThinQ app to use LG TV without a remote:-
(1) To power on your LG TV and to make sure that the LG ThinQ is installed on your device and is on the same Wi-Fi connection.
(2) Then you have to launch the app and press the (+) symbol that is located at the top of your screen.
(3) Then you have to follow the information that is provided on the screen and after that press OK.
(4) Then select the TV that is located under the Home Appliances section.
(5) Then your LG ThinQ app will search the nearby devices and then select LG TV on your screen.
(6) Then you will get a verification code on your TV screen. You have to enter on your screen and then click OK.
(7) Then select the LINK that you will get on the email id or select SKIP.
(8) Then you have to select the MOVE TO HOME.
(9) Then turn on/off your TV by pressing the power button of the app that is provided in the app.
Therefore by following certain steps you can use the LG ThinQ app to use the LG TV without a remote with your Android device or iPhone. This app will not work on the oldest LG Smart TV models.
The above article tells you about how to use your LG smart TV without the TV remote is to download LG ThinQ and some steps that are used to use LG TV without a remote on your Android or iPhone device with the help of the LG ThinQ.